Program Goals and Objectives
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Master of Science in Nursing Program educates nurse leaders for:
- Advanced nursing roles in health care
- Collaborative roles in health care
- A focus on serving diverse populations
- Inquiry into the theoretical bases of diverse disciplines
- Pursuit of doctoral education in nursing
Master of Science in Nursing graduates will:
- Function effectively in advanced nursing practice, integrating the art and science of nursing into the advanced role.
- Function as an effective leader, role model, and advocate for clients in clinical practice and in education.
- Synthesize advanced knowledge of the social, political, ethical, technical, cultural, spiritual, environmental, and economic factors influencing the health care system and higher education.
- Integrate knowledge of theory and research in advanced nursing areas.
- Demonstrate accountability and responsibility in developing advanced nursing roles.
- Scientifically investigate issues relevant to advanced nursing and nursing education.
- Evaluate personal scholarship, professional growth, and excellence in practice.