We would like to welcome you to Career & Professional Development, the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh’s provider of career information, advice and occupational guidance. Whether you are participating in one of our many helpful programs or networking with area professionals at a job fair, Career & Professional Development can help you achieve your vocational goals.
As the world economy is constantly changing, the need for you to be equipped and ready for opportunities is imperative throughout your educational process. Employers are now focusing on internships/relevant experiences as the main instrument for hiring students beyond graduation. Let us assist you in developing professional skills and experience during your academic career at UW Oshkosh.
Career & Professional Development at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh provides students with career information, advice and occupational guidance, and tools to be successful. Student success is fostered by Career & Professional Development through the acquisition of knowledge, practice of skills, reflection on experience and demonstration of career readiness.
Career & Professional Development will continue to be a centralized office that integrates the career implementation process with career coaching and technologies to educate our students with the necessary skills needed to transition from college to career and beyond.
- Guide and empower students to be active participants in their professional development by providing tools and techniques to gain values, skills, knowledge, strengths and competencies to lead satisfying lives
- Maintain and create relationships with employers locally, regionally, nationally to expand opportunities for students
- Collaborate with staff/faculty to compliment the student academic experience through the instruction and application of professional skills for career success
- Provide diverse opportunities for students to apply career readiness skills and receive developmental feedback
- Educate students on industry information regarding their career interest(s)
While our offices are open during this time, please call to schedule services.
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 pm.
- Friday 8:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
These are 15-minute meetings with a Career & Professional Development staff member to review your resume/LinkedIn profile or to ask questions that will not necessitate a full appointment. Drop-ins are only available when classes are in-session during the fall & spring terms. Hours may vary by semester. Contact the office for specific times.
The Career Closet will be open for student browsing anytime that the Career & Professional Development office is open. We just ask that you check-in at the front desk before browsing the inventory. Students may take 4 items to keep for free every semester including summer. Please check-out at the front desk before leaving with your items.
Visit us on the first floor of the Student Success Center, Suite 125. View the interactive campus map to see how to get to Career & Professional Development, available parking, and more.
Student Success Center, Suite 125
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8619