Career & Professional Development is UW Oshkosh’s provider of career information, advice and occupational guidance. Whether you are participating in one of our many helpful programs or networking with area professionals at a job fair, Career & Professional Development can help you achieve your vocational goals.
As the world economy is constantly changing, the need for you to be equipped and ready for opportunities is imperative throughout your educational process. Employers are now focusing on internships/relevant experiences as the main instrument for hiring students beyond graduation. Let us assist you in developing professional skills and experience during your academic career at UW Oshkosh.
Career & Professional Development fosters student success through the acquisition of knowledge, practice of skills, reflection on experience and demonstration of career readiness.
Career & Professional Development will continue to be a centralized office that integrates the career implementation process with career coaching and technologies to educate our students with the necessary skills needed to transition from college to career and beyond.
- Guide and empower students to be active participants in their professional development by providing tools and techniques to gain values, skills, knowledge, strengths and competencies to lead satisfying lives
- Maintain and create relationships with employers locally, regionally, nationally to expand opportunities for students
- Collaborate with staff/faculty to compliment the student academic experience through the instruction and application of professional skills for career success
- Provide diverse opportunities for students to apply career readiness skills and receive developmental feedback
- Educate students on industry information regarding their career interest(s)
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN OSHKOSH
Career & Professional Development
Student Success Center, Suite 125
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- M–Th: 7:45 a.m.–5 p.m.
- F: 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Fond du Lac and Fox Cities Campus Solution Centers
- Wednesdays: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Services only offered when classes are in session