WELCOME TO THE
Free professional attire for UWO students
Students are allowed to choose up to 4 items from the closet per semester to keep for free. Inventory is always changing; be sure to check back frequently to find new items.
The Career Closet assists students in creating a professional wardrobe for interviews and jobs. Students are able to shop in the Career Closet anytime Career & Professional Development is open. Items you may find in the closet include: suits, pants, skirts, dresses, ties, belts and tops. UWO Alumni are also able to shop up to a year after graduation!
Attending a networking event, career fair or an interview? Need professional attire to make a great first impression? The Career Closet can help!
- Dress for Success – Gender Inclusive – Video
- Women’s Business Formal vs. Casual – Video
- Men’s Business Formal vs. Casual – Video
- Interview Dress for Gender Non-Binary
- Gender Non-Binary Pinterest Collection
- Gender Outfitters
- Fashionable Adaptive Clothing
Quick Tips for Young Professionals
Suit: Solid colored grey, black, brown or navy.
Dress Shirt: Collared and long sleeved. Conservative neckline and color. Everything to know about dress shirts
Tie: Solid, thin striped or small geometric design. Bottom of the tie should meet the belt line. Learn to tie a double Windsor knot
Socks: Long dark socks to match pants.
Shoes: Well polished and match the belt. Closed toe, low heel.
Hair: Neat and professional.
Hosiery: Nylons under skirts, socks to match shoes.
Nails: Manicured with neutral polish.
Jewelry: Keep it simple. Jewelry tips
Scent: Easy on the aftershave or cologne. Limited makeup and perfume.
Accessories: Portfolio or briefcase.
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN OSHKOSH
Career & Professional Development
Student Success Center, Suite 125
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- M–Th: 7:45 a.m.–5 p.m.
- F: 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Fond du Lac and Fox Cities Campus Advisor Hours
- Fox Cities Hours: Mondays 8:30-2:30 in the Intersection
- Fond Du Lac Hours: Thursdays 8:30-4:00 in the Intersection
- Services only offered when classes are in session during the fall and spring terms.