If you are stuck and don’t know where to start, take a look at the resume samples below to help guide you as your create and update your resume. If you have questions regarding your resume, contact us to make an appointment with your advisor.
While imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, please do not duplicate the resume samples.
When referencing UW Oshkosh on your resume:
- Use the full title, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (no hyphen), on first reference.
- UW Oshkosh is acceptable for all further references within your resume. The use of “UWO” is generally discouraged, unless you are dealing with space constraints within your resume.
- A hyphen is only used in UW-Oshkosh when referring to the Athletics program.
- Cary Career (Liberal Studies)
- Chanda Anand * – Biology
- Daisha Harris*- Human Services Leadership
- Ian J. International* (various ways to market global experiences)
*indicate resumes that can be found the 2020-2021 e-Get Hired! Guide.
*Resume advice is based on nationwide best practices and on employer feedback.
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN OSHKOSH
Career & Professional Development
Student Success Center, Suite 125
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- M–Th: 7:45 a.m.–5 p.m.
- F: 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Fond du Lac and Fox Cities Campus Solution Centers
- Wednesdays: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Services only offered when classes are in session