Wondering how to connect majors to careers and join professional organizations? View majors of interest to see outlines of common career areas, professional organizations, employers and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities.
Please understand that the areas are representative of typical career paths associated with each major and not a comprehensive list. Be sure to explore multiple majors to learn about a wide range of career opportunities.
Visit the What Can I Do With This Major website for a full catalog of majors, or find your major in the colleges listed below:
College of Business
College of Education & Human Services Leadership
- Elementary Education: Early Childhood – Middle Childhood (Birth-Age 11; Grades PK-6)
- Elementary Education: Middle Childhood – Early Adolescence (Age 6-12/13; Grades 1-8)
- Secondary Education: Early Adolescence – Adolescence in Math, Broad Field Science, Broad Field Social Studies and English (Ages 10-21; Grades 5-12)
- Secondary Education: Early Childhood – Adolescence in Art, ESL, Foreign Languages, Music and Physical Education (Birth-Age 21; Grades PK-12)
- Special Education: Middle Childhood – Early Adolescence (Age 6-12/13; Grades 1-8) and/or Early Adolescence – Adolescence (Ages 10-21; Grades 5-12)
- Dual Special Education: Early Childhood – Middle Childhood General Education (Birth-Age 11; Grades PK-6) with Early Childhood Special Education (Birth-Age 8; Grades PK-3)
- Dual Special Education: Middle Childhood – Early Adolescence General Education AND Special Education (Ages 6-12/13; Grades 1-8)
Additional Education Resources
- Resource for Researching School Districts throughout USA
- Education Departments & Agencies by State
- Wisconsin Public Schools Directory
- University of Northern Iowa Overseas Recruiting Fair
Human Services Majors
Additional HSL Resources
- Manitowoc County Human Services
- Outagamie County Human Services
- HS Careers.com
- Making the Difference
- United States Department of Health and Human Services
- United States Department of Labor
- United Way Fox Cities – List of organizations and ideas
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Volunteer Fox Cities – Great list of organizations
Related Career Options
View the College of Education and Human Services website here.
College of Letters & Sciences
Related Career Options
College of Nursing
If you are struggling with choosing a major or uncertain if your current major is the one that will provide you the career you’d like to pursue, you are not alone. Statistics show that roughly 1/3 of entering students do not declare a major and approximately 80 percent are uncertain about the major they selected. College students change majors an average three times before graduating.
As such, there are a variety of resources available to meet the unique needs of those undecided or uncertain if their current major is suited for them.
Major and Career Exploration – Visit our One Stop Major & Career Exploration page!
- Undergraduate Advising Resource Center (UARC)
- Explore Careers
- Professional Counseling 201: Academic and Career Exploration
- Professional Skills Courses: PC202, BUS 284, INTRDSC 208, INTRDSC 209
Career & Professional Development provides a comprehensive program of assisting undecided majors in areas of general professional preparedness including resume preparation, interviewing skills, employment while in school, personal and professional conduct, networking, and postings of work study positions through Handshake.
Career & Professional Development Industry Advisors
Don’t know who your Career & Professional Development industry advisor is? Find your advisor and schedule an appointment to learn more about major, career and industry exploration services.
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN OSHKOSH
Career & Professional Development
Student Success Center, Suite 125
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- M–Th: 7:45 a.m.–5 p.m.
- F: 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Fond du Lac and Fox Cities Campus Solution Centers
- Wednesdays: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Services only offered when classes are in session