Networking|Building Professional Relationships
Networking is the single most powerful marketing tool used to accelerate and sustain success for any individual or organization. Networking is about making connections and building lasting, mutually beneficial relationships. Ultimately, it is not about who you know but who knows you.
Steps for Successful Networking:
- Develop a personal marketing plan
- Determine who’s who in your network
- Practice self-introductions
- Carry your business cards everywhere
- Network everywhere you go
- Follow up — it is the key to success!
For more in depth information about these 6 successful steps to networking, view our Get Hired! Guide.
Networking Opportunities at UW Oshkosh:
- Career Fair on the Fox
- Tables of Titans
- Creating Connections
- College of Business C2C event
- Company visits
- After class/student club meetings when guest speakers visit
Social Media Networking
LinkedIn is a great social media tool to use to keep in touch with people who are in your network. This video attached here explains why it is important to be on LinkedIn.
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN OSHKOSH
Career & Professional Development
Student Success Center, Suite 125
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- M–Th: 7:45 a.m.–5 p.m.
- F: 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Fond du Lac and Fox Cities Campus Advisor Hours
- Fox Cities Hours: Mondays 8:30-2:30 in the Intersection
- Fond Du Lac Hours: Thursdays 8:30-4:00 in the Intersection
- Services only offered when classes are in session during the fall and spring terms.