Events | Connect with qualified Titans.
Employers and recruiters can benefit from engaging with the UW Oshkosh students and alumni, participating in events, and using the resources available. We partner with employers from varying industries, and our events and workshops are for both employers and students to learn, network, interview for positions, and more.
Additionally, UW Oshkosh hosts a several career fairs throughout the academic year, offering great opportunities for you to connect with targeted student populations in large groups.
If you are interested in participating any of our events, contact Jodi Kalmus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UWO 2023 Internship & Career Fair
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
11:30 – 3:30 pm
Kolf Physical Education and Sports Center
785 High Ave, Oshkosh, WI 54901
Over 130 employers/universities and more than 600 job seekers!
Internship & Career Fair is a biannual career fair, held every fall and spring. Network and interview with students and alumni searching for:
- Full-Time positions
- Networking opportunities
Registration Instructions | Register on Handshake
Career & Professional Development will be hosting the fair at Kolf Sports Center.
- Your booth will be reserved once your payment is received. Any cancellations must be received via email to email@example.com before or on February 3, 2023 will be refunded minus the $32 processing fee. Cancellations received after this date will not be refunded.
- Career fair no-shows will still be billed.
- All representatives need to have a Handshake account to participate.
- Please complete all company information upon registration.
- The registration process will occur through the organization’s account withinthe Handshake program.
- Some of this information will be published online and available via the fair app.
- Once a reservation is made you are responsible for payment.
- Submitting an online registration triggers acknowledgment of the organization’s financial responsibilities for all fees associated with the event. All fees paid will be refunded ONLY if the registration is canceled by the applicable date.
- Registrations after February 3, 2023, must pay at the time of reservation after approval.
- No refunds are given to organizations that “no show” the day of the event for any reason.
- Any organization, whose registration fees have not been received by the day of the event, MUST pay said fees by credit card, check, or cash at the time of event check-in.
Schedule of Events
Booths are 10×10, contain 1 high-top 8′ table and 2 directors chairs lunch for two.
- Light Lunch will be provided.
- Set up: 10:30 a.m. –11:30
- Career Fair: 11:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Take Down: 3:30 p.m. We expect you to adhere to the schedule.
Career Fair Rates
SAVE $75 – Early Bird Special: Booth rate is $375.00 for registrations made AND paid by Friday, 01.20.23. If the early bird rate is unpaid on 01.21.2023, the rate will be raised to the full price rate.
- Early Bird Rate (paid on or before 01.20.23)$375.00
- Full Price (paid after 01.20.23) $450.00
- Non-Profit (501 (c)3 number required) & Government Rate $250.00
- If Electricity is needed for your booth please contact Jodi Kalmus. There will be an additional fee of $50.
- Important: Please complete all company information upon registration. Some of this information will be published online via Handshake and will assist students in learning about your company and open positions.
Please be advised: You may only bring 2 representatives if you have a single booth or 4 representatives if you have a double booth. Please register accordingly.
Any cancellations received on or before February 3, 2023, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org will be refunded less a $32.00 processing fee.
Cancellations received after February 3, 2023 will not be refunded. If UW Oshkosh closes due to inclement weather or any other unforeseen campus emergency, the event will be canceled and up to 50% of the organization’s registration fee will be refunded. For official news of UW Oshkosh closings, please consult the main UW Oshkosh website or the Career & Professional Development website.
Save the Date!
Wednesday, September 1, 2023
2023 UWO WERF East Education Fair
Healthcare Career Fair
Non-Profit - Social Assistance Virtual Career Fair
Location: Virtual / Handshake
Register on: Handshake
For questions regarding this event or your Handshake account, please contact Career & Professional Development at (920) 424-2181 or email email@example.com.
Titan Fest & Student Opportunity Fair
Tuesday, Sept. 5th, 2023
11 a.m.–2 p.m.
This is an outside event, be prepared for the weather of the day.
Career & Professional Development will be participating in the Student Opportunities fair. This is an excellent opportunity for organizations looking to fill part-time positions during the school year. Network with students searching for part-time positions. This is an outside event held on the academic mall, be prepared for the weather of the day.
Log in to Handshake and click on “Fairs”. (If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. Your account may take up to one business day to be processed and activated.)
Table Information and Rates
A fee of $80 will be charged for participation in the fair to cover costs.
Please note: Registration fees are due by TBD, or upon registration approval. Any cancellations made on or before Aug. 1, will be refunded less a $15.00 processing fee. Cancellations made after this date will not be refunded.
Workshops and Networking Events
Dining with Professionals
We know that employers want to see students in social situations to observe how they conduct themselves. The Dining with Professionals events give employers the opportunity to network with students and serve as table hosts. We have over 300 students partake in this event each semester. Promotion of your organization will occur prior to the event. In addition, your company name and logo will be featured on the tables your organization hosts at the event.
The most neglected part of the job search is also the most important: the interview. The best way for students to prepare for an interview is to practice! This is a great opportunity for employers to meet future graduates looking to enter the workforce. The goal of mock interviews is to help strengthen interviewing skills and provide feedback. Company representatives are needed to conduct interviews (in-person, Skype or telephone) for approximately 25 minutes. Roughly 800 students participate in this event a year.
Communication Networking Social
Come and meet our top notch Communication Studies students at an event designed just for you. Participate in this networking social and have the opportunity to meet each student personally.
April 6, 2022 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Creating Connections is an event that connects students with organizations to engage in conversation to explore opportunities, learn career options, and meet professionals.
Tables of Titans
Tables of Titans invites students to meet and have dinner with a variety of UW Oshkosh alums. This event provides a unique opportunity for students to network with alumni while exploring future career options in an intimate, friendly, and welcoming environment. For this event, we ask that you chose one or two graduates of UW Oshkosh who are currently employed at your organization, and select a location within Oshkosh to hold this event. Your organization will be expected to cover the meal expenses.
The purpose of a Company Visit is to give students a behind-the-scenes view of your organization. This event provides a unique opportunity for students to explore different careers, network with and job shadow professionals all while being exposed to your company’s culture. We ask for a minimum 2 hour time commitment in order to ensure that all aspects of the visit are met.
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN OSHKOSH
Career & Professional Development
Student Success Center, Suite 125
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- M–Th: 7:45 a.m.–5 p.m.
- F: 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Fond du Lac and Fox Cities Campus Solution Centers
- Wednesdays: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Services only offered when classes are in session