Equal Opportunity Resources
Career & Professional Development values Inclusive Excellence in the workplace. The following information provides you with resources to assist you in your internship and career searches.
Career & Professional Development is also guided by the National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE) Diversity & Inclusion Statement.
Inclusive Excellence at UWO
Inclusive Excellence is the umbrella framework under which the UW System and its institutions will move forward in coming years to address strategically equity, diversity and inclusion.
The central premise of Inclusive Excellence holds that UW System colleges and universities intentionally need to integrate their diversity efforts into the core aspects of their institutions—including academic priorities, leadership, quality improvement initiatives, decision-making, day-to-day operations, and organizational cultures—in order to maximize their success.
At UW Oshkosh, Inclusive Excellence is a University-wide initiative designed to enhance student academic success by expanding diversity programs to include more than race and ethnicity. It emphasizes student success and all the competencies necessary to ensure all students have a positive educational experience. Its goal is to share the outcome of student success across the University by bringing in faculty as a critical tool in student success.
Learn more about inclusive excellence:
Inclusive Excellence Career Resources for Students
- Largest Diversity Job Board Online
- Recruitment of minority teachers, administrators and coaches for schools and Universities
- Database of employers looking to hire minority employee populations
Resources for designated groups
Out For Work Certification | Career Services Gold A+
The Out for Work Certification is the first program designed to assess the quality, quantity and availability of career resource materials for LGBTQ students. The primary goal of the CCCP is to provide academic institutions and students with an evaluation of the support available to LGBTQ students facing employment and workplace challenges. Offices are assessed on 3 main objectives:
The Assessment’s 3 Main Objectives
- Gauge the current tools and available resources focused on how to be “out” in the workplace.
- Assess the quality and quantity of LGBTQ materials available to students
- Assess the willingness of career centers to host or attend LGBTQ and Ally career conferences
Career Center Certification Ranking System:
- Career centers receive a Gold, Silver, or Bronze certification ranking based on the responses from the assessment.
- Currently UW Oshkosh holds a Gold+ status. We are in the process of submitting our 3rd recertification. With our certification status our students and staff are allowed to access Out for Work’s Career Library for free. If you’d like to check out the resources available there please call Career & Professional development at (920) 424-2181 for the access code.
About Out for Work:
Out for Work functions as a complementary component in the total educational experience of LGBTQ college students; helping effect change in the development, evaluation, initiation, and implementation of career plans and opportunities. The nationally recognized non-profit organization is dedicated to educating, preparing, and empowering LGBTQ college students as they transition from academia to the workplace.
Inclusive Career Events on Campus
Creating Connections is an event that connects students with employers to explore opportunities and engages students in the understanding of workplace inclusivity, and how to best utilize their diverse differences to add value to the workplace. All students are encouraged to attend.
Check Handshake for upcoming Creating Connections events.
Find Inclusive Employers
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN OSHKOSH
Career & Professional Development
Student Success Center, Suite 125
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- M–Th: 7:45 a.m.–5 p.m.
- F: 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Fond du Lac and Fox Cities Campus Solution Centers
- Wednesdays: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Services only offered when classes are in session