Major and Career Exploration
A partnership for helping students make decisions
Are you trying to make decisions your current major or your future career? UW Oshkosh uses a collaborative approach to help students make these decisions. Three flagship offices in the Student Sucess Center are here to assist in making the decisions that best fit your goals, values and dreams.
- Have a major in mind, but not sure about career options?Want to get connected with people working in fields of interest to learn more?
- Want to get experience in your field of interest?
- Want to find someone working in a career of interest to talk to for an informational interview?
- Want to find someone working in a career of interest to job shadow?
If any of these questions are on your mind, start by going to Career & Professional Development!
- Not sure where to start?
- Have no idea what you want to major in?
- Have a few majors in mind, just not sure which to choose?
- Have a ton of ideas and can’t seem to narrow it down?
- Want to know what’s required for a particular major?
- Want to know how long it will take to complete a particular major?
If any of these questions are on your mind, start by going to the UARC!
- Can’t think of any major or career you’d like or be good at?
- Have trouble making decisions in general?
- Want to learn more about your personality and interests in depth?
- Have trouble committing?
- Want to take career and/or personality assessments?
- Having trouble processing family/friends opinions about your choice?
If any of these questions are on your mind, start by going to the Counseling Center!
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN OSHKOSH
Career & Professional Development
Student Success Center, Suite 125
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- M–Th: 7:45 a.m.–5 p.m.
- F: 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Fond du Lac and Fox Cities Campus Advisor Hours
- Fox Cities Hours: Mondays 8:30-2:30 in the Intersection
- Fond Du Lac Hours: Thursdays 8:30-4:00 in the Intersection
- Services only offered when classes are in session during the fall and spring terms.