Career & Professional Development serves students, employers, faculty and staff, UWO alumni, and parents and guests! Learn more in the sections below.
As a student at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, you have several opportunities and resources to assist you in your academic and professional career. We provide you with career information, advice and occupational guidance. Whether you are a first-year student or a graduate student, we are here to help you achieve vocational goals.Here you will find information on what you can do with your major, how you can utilize the Handshake database, quick tips and courses for professional skills, resume and internship resources, and much more. For additional information about Career & Professional Development or to make an appointment with an advisor, please feel free to contact us.
Access campus students are also welcome to utilize our services and resources!
To build an optimal recruiting plan for your organization at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, you will have many opportunities and resources to assist you with your goals.
There is an entire employer section of our website dedicated to helping employers find talent, participate in events and get involved in campus initiatives.
For additional information about Career & Professional Development or donor opportunities, please feel free to contact us.
For Faculty and Staff
As a faculty or staff member at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, you have several opportunities and resources to assist in the development of your students’ professional skills, to recruit students to work in your department, and to connect with employers in all industries. We provide you services to prepare your students by implementing professional skills programs, accessing the Handshake database to post positions, participating in events and workshops, and much more.
Whether you are a faculty or staff member at UW Oshkosh, we are here to help your students and department/unit achieve success. For additional information about Career & Professional Development and the Professional Skills Program, please feel free to contact us.
Don’t Cancel Class! Do you have an appointment you cannot miss? Is the weather getting in the way of your commute to campus? Did you wake up feeling too sick to teach class?
Instead of canceling class, give Career & Professional Development a call and have an advisor come into your class to teach students how to better prepare for their future career. It’s a wonderful opportunity for Career Services advisors to speak with students, as well as for students to learn new ways to enhance their career development!
As a UWO alum, you have several opportunities and resources to help reach your career goals. Career & Professional Development provides you with career information, advice and occupational guidance.
- Career advising available for alumni within one year of graduation
- Handshake is available for alumni—for free! Alumni can use Handshake to search for jobs, use our additional resources found in the resource library (GoinGlobal, CandidCareer and BIG Interview), view upcoming events and apply for Hire a Titan on-campus interviews.
- Tools and resources found on our website
- Get Hired Guide! an electronic book accessed by visiting Great River Learning. You can purchase an access code University Books & More or by visiting the online link. Guides can be purchased for $30. When choosing a section, you should choose the General User section.
- Follow UW Oshkosh on LinkedIn. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Class Notes
- Interested in signing up for your free, life-time UWO Alumni email address? Request your alumni email account here.
How to Create Your Alumni Handshake Account
- Visit uwosh.joinhandshake.com to get logged in.
- Click UW Oshkosh Alumni Login.
- If you have not logged in before, click ‘Need an Account’.
- Once there, choose Student/Alumni and fill in first name, last name, email and create a password.
- You will then get a confirmation email that will required you to click to confirm your account.
- Once you have confirmed your account you should be able to login and use the system.
- We recommend updating the profile and adding a current resume.
For Parents and Guests
As parents and guest of students and alumni at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, you probably have questions about finding jobs and internships during college, how many students get jobs right after commencement, and more. We provide you access to several resources to help answer your questions, including career information, advice and occupational guidance.
Here you will find information on a four-year career plan, majors and careers, finding a job, graduate survey data, and much more. For additional information about Career & Professional Development, please feel free to contact us.
How might you facilitate the career discussion?
- Suggest your student take advantage of the Career & Professional Development resources — Handshake, appointments, career fairs, events, and services like — CandidCareers, BIG Interview, etc.
- Keep an open mind when discussing their interests and goals. Check in with them on occasion to see what may have changed and if you can offer some insight.
- Like or follow our social media posts and share ones that might be of interest to your student. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN OSHKOSH
Career & Professional Development
Student Success Center, Suite 125
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- M–Th: 7:45 a.m.–5 p.m.
- F: 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Fond du Lac and Fox Cities Campus Solution Centers
- Wednesdays: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Services only offered when classes are in session