The purpose of a Residence Life Graphic Artist is to take the chaotic strands of information given to them and organize them into a clear, concise, and creative graphic solution. Graphic Artists work with Residence Life staff (hall directors, assistant hall directors, Community Advisors, LDS, etc.) to create posters, t-shirts, brochures and much more.
- Complete all assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Serve as a media publicity consultant for community advisors, program assistants, assistant residence hall directors, hall directors, and other Department of Residence Life staff members.
- Be responsible for organizing, maintaining, and updating all files related to projects.
- Be responsible for tracking/purchasing supplies and other resources as needed.
- Attended weekly meetings to discuss and review current and future projects, as well as concerns, issues, and suggestions.
- Maintain communication with clients within the Department of Residence Life and the UW Oshkosh community.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Prior experience with Creative Suite (preferably CS5)
- Knowledge of typography, space, and color usage
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Works year-round, full time during breaks and summer.
- Must have a minimum of 15 hours a week scheduled, with a maximum of 18 per week.
- During the summer, hours are 8:00AM-4:30PM
- During the school year, hours must be a set schedule with in the following guidelines:
- Monday through Thursday between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- Friday 8:00 AM through 5:00 PM.
- At least an hour and a half long shifts.
- At least four days a week.